CATALOG MIGRATION PROCESS
The following outlines the process for migrating and redistributing a catalog through Revelator:
- Importing Catalog into Revelator Pro
- Catalog ingestion into Revelator is complete and valid. Notable issues can be:
- Incomplete publishing metadata
- Older asset files not up to the current DSP requirements (for example, artwork must be, at min., 1400x1400, but 3000x3000 is highly recommended)
- Lack of Spotify & Apple artist IDs — these are crucial in ensuring successful track-linking, and in cases where a Revelator Spotify deal is used, or you are in Spotify's Preferred Provider Program (PPP), these IDs are required
- Provide migration instructions by filling out our Client Migration Worksheet.
- Revelator distributes the catalog in batch to stores
- Revelator monitors the delivery. Revelator does not QA once the assets are live — this is the client's responsibility
- Revelator notifies the customer when it is safe to issue takedowns
- Client issues the takedowns from their previous distributor(s)
- Revelator does not monitor the status of takedowns — this is the client's responsibility
When redistributing using Revelator's DSP deals: it depends on the size of the catalog but you should always count on a minimum of 7 days because you need to give time for track linking after delivery.
If you are redistributing through Revelator using direct/Merlin deals, you would need to add an additional 3-4 weeks. Based on the deal it can take time for new opt-ins to go into effect or DSPs to confirm that the deal is in place and/or create the member's account.