Please note that this article refers to changing an artist's name (for example, renaming an artist from The Quarrymen to The Beatles), changing the name by which they are known to the general public.
This article is not about changing the artist on a particular release/album or track. You can make this change simply by editing your release/track and redelivering the release to the various DSPs.
Determine whether you want their name to be different on all the releases and tracks on which they appear regardless of their role (primary artist, remixer, producer, etc.).
- If you are ready to change your artist's name everywhere: then you can simply update their name in Rights Holders > Artists
This method is the preferred method if you want to maintain all trends & analytics based on the old artist name. If you don't update the artist name but instead create a new artists, then you will not be able to filter both past & future analytics using just one name. You will have to use both names.
- Note that once you have updated the name in Rights Holders, this will automatically change the name of the artist on all the releases and tracks on which they appear on the Revelator system. You do not need to further edit those releases and tracks.
- If you only want to change their name on certain assets, then:
- Create a new artist in Rights Holders
- Edit the releases and tracks where you want the new artist name to appear by replacing the old artist with the new artist.
- Redeliver your releases to Spotify.
- Email us with the old name, new name, and the UPC(s) of the releases you have sent to Spotify as we need to have them make further updates on their end.
- Email us with the old name, new name, and the current Apple Artist URL.
- Email us with the old name, new name, and the current Amazon Artist URL.
All DSPs except Spotify:
- You or your artist must log in to every DSP's artist portal (their YouTube, Soundcloud, Audiomack accounts, etc.) and modify their artist name there or, if that is not supported, contact the DSP's support team and request an artist name change.
- Once the DSP has confirmed that the artist name has been changed, redeliver all releases with the artist to all the DSPs.
- After 48-72 hours, check on the DSPs whether the name change has registered.
- If you still see the old name, please email us with the following information:
- The artist's old profile link
- The artist's new profile link
- The list of UPCs associated to this artist